Why Our Mission Is Crucial
According to the U.N. FAO, 42.1% ha of Cameroon is forested. Of these forest cover, approximately 1% is lost annually. The main cause of the lost is population increase and over dependency on natural resources for survival. There has been unsustainable exploitation of these resources which is causing significant environmental degradation. Local community members who live close to these resources are found to suffer the most when degradation occurs because they depend solely on these resources for their lives and livelihoods. Meg Wah wants to see a Cameroon where humans live in harmony with nature by empowering youth to become Environmental Ambassadors and enabling communities to solve problems themselves, through a variety of engagement, policy changes and restoration activities.
Mission and Vision
Our Vision: We want to see a Cameroon and a world where humans live and thrive in harmony with nature.
Our Mission: To empower and enable local communities, children and young people to take care of our natural environment through endeavors such as engagement, policy changes and restoration activities
I. To enable children and youths of Cameroon become environmentally friendly by creating and providing opportunities where they can learn, play, interact and work to protect the environment.
II. To solve problems of water shortages, deforestation, Land and water pollution and improper waste disposal by involving local community members in urban and rural areas.
III. To introduce and encourage farmers in rural areas in Cameroon to carry out sustainable agriculture through the use of organic manure and indigenous seeds.
What We Do
· Reducing the alarming deforestation rate in Cameroon in particular and the entire Congo Basin Forest in general by using the Ecosystem and community based approaches, Agroforestry, Afforestation, Re-afforestation and Permaculture.
· Raising young Environmental Ambassadors that will champion the course for a safer and greener planet earth through: Eco-Camp, EcoKids, community Orchards for Kids by Kids and other Out Door Environmental Education.
· Promote Organic Agriculture through the use of indigenous seeds and by harnessing and promoting local and scientific farming methods that enhances environmental sustainability and food production
· Work with communities experiencing water shortages to make water accessible and available to all.
· Advocate for sustainable Environmental policies through multi stakeholder involvement.
· Train youth leaders that can efficiently and effectively work for environmental and social change in their various communities